Get a recipe for tasty strawberry rhubarb pie from Betsy’s on the Corner in Aiken.
In beautiful Aiken, South Carolina, we spent time shopping, eating, riding horses and enjoying the charming ambience of this historic town. While exploring downtown, we stopped for lunch at Betsy’s on the Corner, where you can get just about everything, including really great milkshakes. From chicken and dumplings to deep fried Southern chicken, pimento cheese and bacon and strawberry rhubarb pie, this restaurant is worth seeking out!
Owner Betsy Simons shared the below recipe for her tasty strawberry rhubarb pie you might want to make at home. Happy eating and happy baking!
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Recipe
- 1 double pie crust
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 Tbls. tapioca
- 1 Tbls. A/P flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbls. butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Form bottom pie crust in 9” pie shell.
- Mix first seven ingredients.
- Put fruit mixture in pie shell; top with second crust.
- Roll edges of crust and pinch between fingers to seal.
- Make four small slits on top of pie to allow venting. Brush lightly with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 325 degrees approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Let cool before slicing.
- Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream.